March 03, 2010

بكم؟- BORIOS...

First off, some congrats are in order. In last week's contest, David Liedl guessed close enough to win a prize! The phone and sim card were 185 LE and David's guess of 175 LE was within the 15 LE margin of error I provided. مبروك (ma-BRUK - congratulations), David.

Now moving on to this week's question. Our topic of inquiry is what is rapidly becoming perhaps the most significant staple of my diet here in Egypt, even giving koshari a run for its money. I am referring to Borios, Egypt's answer to Oreos. Although each individual Borio is probably about 2/3 the size of an Oreo, and the ingredients may not be as of such high quality, Borios are an excellent, tasty little treat. Borios typically come in packs of 6 cookies (although you can get them in 3 and also in a jumbo size), in festive purple wrapping.

Your task is to guess how much one pack of Borios (which contains 6 individual cookies) costs in Egyptian pounds. Just a refresher: One Egyptian pound is roughly $.20 (that's twenty American cents).Additionally, if you get this one right, you won't be receiving some mystery gift that I would've probably gotten for you anyway (sorry David); you will be receiving 10 packs of Borios!!! (subject, of course, to how many I can fit in the suitcase and customs restrictions) Alrighty then, get to it!

14 comments:

  1. I'm going to guess 15 Egyptian pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is 5 Egyptian pounds, because I wouldn't spend more than $10 on a prize if I were you lol.
    From Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, it said it didn't post the first one. The second one is my actual guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot be more than 10 LE, just to be imprecise I'll say 8 LE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 Egyptian pounds. And Happy 21st Birthday a little belated :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 LE. hopefully this is not as bad as my last guess

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3.01 Egyptian Pounds

    ReplyDelete
  8. When i was there, they costed about 4Le.

    ReplyDelete