March 24, 2010

Crusdaers, castles, cliffs, and caves...

Very action-packed, fulfilling day today in Lebanon, perhaps my best day yet so far in the Middle East! Highlights included a visit to the crusader castle and Roman ruins of Byblos, a spontaneous dip in the clear blue Mediterranean, a boat ride in the underground lake of the Jeita Grotto, and a beautiful scenic stroll along the Mt. Lebanon valley ridge.

I'll hopefully be able to do the day justice with a decent blog entry, but until then, feel free to take a look at some of the 160+ pictures from the day by following this link. William, David, and the rest of you, look at the ruins of the crusader castle and see if you can't wager a guess as to who I pretended to be as I was climbing around the rocks.

4 comments:

  1. I don't even need to look to guess that you were pretending to be Mr. Nathan Drake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well looking at the pictures (I could only see 68 of them not 160) I didn't see much of a Nathan Drake theme even though the location would've been perfect looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They hadn't all loaded by then. Check them out again. And the castle was very Nathan Drake-esque.

    ReplyDelete