March 09, 2010

To buzz or not to buzz...

You know that place where your hair is in between being manageably short and lusciously long? Yeah, I'm there.

Unfortunately, in this state of flux, my hair isn't exactly pretty. It's lengthy to the point where it gets dry and wispy quickly, but not long enough to bring along the aesthetic benefits associated with thick, blonde locks. It's kind of similar to that uncomfortable period when your face is no longer clean shaven, but you don't exactly have a goatee or a mustache or anything coming in strong yet. As a result, you look dirty, unkempt, and disheveled. I like to think of it as hair purgatory.

Anyway, I've decided I have only two available options before me, and both are pretty drastic. I will either let my hair grow-out, unperturbed for the duration of my study abroad experience. Or I will proceed to buzz it off with a 3" blade. There is no in between.

A decision will be coming in the next few days. However, I'd love to get your input on the matter. To that effect, I've created a little poll that you can find at the top of this web-page (probably right above this post). However, in the spirit of the Egyptian political system, the results of the poll will be non-binding and I will probably do what I want either way. But your encouraged to vote nonetheless!

Also, little update. This blog has been very boring for a little while, probably do my lack of traveling/adventuring in the past week or so. But never fear! This weekend I'll be headed to the step pyramids of Saqqara and the ancient ruins of Memphis, followed by dinner at one of Cairo's nicest restaurants, Sequoia. And the best part? Notre Dame's footing the bill for the whole day! I wonder if they'll let me order entrees to take back to the dorm?

5 comments:

  1. 3 inches? That's a pretty long buzz, I'd go for at the least 2 inches, maybe 1 inch. I usually do 2 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to be hot and uncomfortable I would say buzz it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with William and Robin... BUZZ IT. Long hair went out in the 60/70's and pretty sure no one with a clear head wants it back, lol. Also, do you really want hair that attracts bugs?

    ReplyDelete