May 30, 2010

What goes around comes around...

If you've been following this blog, you know that I've been able to explore some pretty incredible landscapes during my time here in the Middle East. I've hiked the plateaus of Petra, traversed the lush, scenic valleys of Lebanon, snorkeled in the pristine waters of the Red Sea, camped in the moonscape-like White Desert, and climbed to the summit of Mount Sinai. All of these experiences have made me rediscover my fondness for nature's beauty, something that I definitely had as a kid, but seemingly lost as I grew older.

Well, I'm here to say that I still have it, and I'm not going to let a return to the US make it slip away again. In fact, seeing some of the Middle East's most impressive natural locales has actually made me realize that we've got a lot of amazing landscapes back in the States as well, many of which I haven't seen. I'm now inspired to check them all out.

Here are five destinations I'd like to visit i the near future. The first two are in Minnesota, but I think it'd be really neat to go on some epic road trip out west to see the rest.

The Boundary Waters

Gooseberry Falls





The Badlands
 
Yellowstone National Park
Yosemite National Park



1 comment:

  1. Funny how great minds seem to think alike at times. I had recently come to much the same conclusion and had privately expressed a desire to see Yellowstone and Yosemite sometime before my 30s. Also I was just thinking about the Boundary waters last week, as Brian and the MacNamaras just got back from some camping trip or something. Also I wasn't included in the Gooseberry Falls trip when our family went a couple years ago and I would love to make the trip sometime (hint hint)

    ReplyDelete