January 26, 2010

The best night ever...

So i just had the best night of my life. After Egypt defeated Cameroon 3-1 in OT, me and some buddies, per the suggestion of my amazing Egyptian roommate, اِسلام (Islam...that's his name) went to a pretty kickin' place called  حرية (ha-ray-a..."freedom") . After sufficiently watering ourselves, اِسلام took us to a joint called "After 8." After 8 was the most amazing place I have been to in my life. It was an incredibly sophisticated, chill club, which اِسلام described as "underground." The lights were dimmed, the booze was flowing, and the Egyptian couples were doing things you'd never see them do on the streets of Cairo (aka, kissing and touching). It was surreal. But easily the most amazing part of the experience was the live band. I don't recall their name at the moment, but, simply put, they transcended the language barrier. Their music connected with me- that's the only way I can describe it. Anyway, we stayed there for about three hours and had a heck of time. I even got to meet the lead singer and guitarist. My man  اِسلام has some serious connections.

It's going to be a good semester. 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool Jonathan. Sounds like you are off to a great start! My two words of advice to you (as an older person, ugh!) are to stay SAFE and stay SMART. Which I'm pretty sure you know already :) Looking forward to hearing all about your experience there. Like the pics so far!

    ReplyDelete