January 24, 2010

My Egyptian digs...

So for the next few months, I'll be residing in a dormitory on the island of Zamalek, which is situated right in the middle of the Nile in downtown Cairo.

Here's an inside look at my new Egyptian digs:


I'm living in a "triple." It's rather elongated. My bed's the one in the middle.


My "comfy" bed. It feels like an elephant sat in the middle of it for too long.

 
My closet. Didn't bring enough long-sleeve shirts, cuz apparently it's winter in Cairo, and the locals can't handle the freezing 60 degrees weather.







Looking down on the Cairo streets five stories below.





Lounge outside my room, where apparently this  old guy named Khaled gets paid to sit, smoke, and watch TV all day. He's pretty cool though.

 
The roomate, Phil. Believe it or not, he's from Mankato...and goes by Bellerophon.


 
 This freaked me out. All of the toilets have this strange, metal tube sticking up, right below where you do your business. I don't know what it's for and I don't want to find out.





No comments:

Post a Comment