February 15, 2010

Too hot to handle...

I had originally planned to write a post gloating about the favorable weather I was enjoying here in Egypt, rubbing it in that I had escaped the death grip of yet another miserable Midwest winter, while ya'll are currently buried under a foot of snow. I mean, c'mon! The weather here is warm and sunny and I actually have some color to my skin, as opposed to the near translucent paleness I would have developed back in South Bend.

But that was before yesterday. Yesterday, February 14th, it was 90 degrees Fahrenheit. 90 degrees. Awesome, I know. But if it's 90 in mid-February, imagine what it will be in March, or April, or May. We're talking 100+ temps on a daily basis. Even though I enjoyed the weather yesterday, I couldn't help but thinking that it was exceedingly close to surpassing my threshold for comfort. And again, let me reiterate: it's mid-February.

Today's more of the same: mid-80's before noon and sun so intense that it hurts for me to open my eyes while outside. I'm coming to the realization that the next few months will easily be the hottest of my life...and that I need to invest in a pair of sunglasses.

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm not at all envious. I'd much rather have a sub-zero day than a 90+ degree day. Yeah a good pair of sunglasses would not be a bad idea, just don't lose them like you seem to lose everything else (my bag!).

    ReplyDelete