February 19, 2010

بكم؟- two and a half kilograms of banana...

"بكم؟"  (bi-kam) means "how much?" in Arabic. I think, as a reoccurring feature, I will be posting a picture of some item on here and asking you, my loyal readers, "بكم؟".Whoever gets it will probably win a prize of some sort. And since I've changed the settings to allow anyone to comment, not just those with Blogger acounts, everyone who comes across this site should be able to offer an answer. Only 1 guess per person, and we'll stop the guessing when someone gets it right or I put the next one up.

Here's the first one. Remember to guess in Egyptian pounds ($1 equals roughly 5 Egyptian pounds). Oh, and 2.5 kgs is approximately 5.5 pounds.


  بكم؟- two and a half kilograms of banana

7 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... well here a pound of bananas cost about 35 cents a pound so: 5.5 x .35 = $1.93. Then take it into account that bananas might be a little cheaper there so let's say .15 cents a pound so that's .83 cents. Times 5 for the exchange rate = so 4.15 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4.15 Egyptian pounds that is to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for doing all that math will. i'll say 3.25

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will? There is no Will here. And since my answer is correct I don't mind sharing my math with everyone else.

    ReplyDelete